Make It Home Safe, LLC
Last Modified: 09/14/2021
- What personal information and data we collect and why we collect it;
- What we do with your personal information and data; and
- Your rights to access, update, and delete your personal information and data.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. You acknowledge that this Policy is part of our Terms and Conditions of Use, and by accessing or using our Service, you agree to be bound by all of its terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not access or use our Service. For clarity, this Policy also hereby specifically incorporates Make It Home Safe’s Terms and Conditions of Use by reference into this Policy in its entirety.
1 – Types of Information Collected
We collect several types of information to provide you with a better service. This information is discussed in detail below. This information may include personally identifiable information or non-personally identifiable information.
Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. When you engage in certain activities through the Service, which includes filling out a survey, joining our email list, or sending us feedback, we ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form(s).
Non-personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon where you visit on or throughout our Service in several ways. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. This information is discussed in detail below.
- – Information You Provide Us
This information may include the following:
- Account Information: Information required when setting up an account with our Service, such as your name, email address, or other information required (if you so choose to do so). Bear in mind that false, incorrect, or outdated information may impair Make It Home Safe’s ability to provide you with the Service and to contact you when necessary.
- Information you choose to share with Make It Home Safe: Information that you choose to share with Make It Home Safe, including a username you have chosen, reports associated with your username, phone number, car details, search queries, calendar information, and files you have uploaded to the Service, including images of your driver’s license, vehicle registration and proof of insurance. You can also choose to add payment information to your account, if applicable, specifically for paid services.
- Communication which you choose to conduct through the Service: If you choose to use Make It Home Safe to communicate with other Make It Home Safe users or third parties through the Service, such as chat messages or sending pinned locations. We may also collect information when you exchange communication with Make It Home Safe, for example, if you submit a request or contact Make It Home Safe’s support team.
1.2 – Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Location Information: Location and route information is collected in the form of GPS signals (combined with a time-stamp), IP address, and other information from sensors and receivers on or around your device, on which the Application is installed and activated.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
- Usage Details: When you access and use the Application, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Application, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Stored Information and Files: The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us improve our Website and to deliver better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- – How We Use Your Information
We use, store, and process information, including personal information, about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop the Service. We use, store, and process information collected as follows:
Provide, Improve and Develop Our Service:
- Enable you to access the Service and/or Make It Home Safe Account.
- Provide information or services you have requested.
- Provide customer service.
- Process and maintain your registrations and/or your Make It Home Safe Account.
- Send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including billing and collection.
- Notify you about any changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide.
- Conduct and administer sales and keep proper records of those transactions.
We process this information with your voluntary consent in disclosing it to us.
- – How We Share Information We Collect
3.1 – Who We Share Information With
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, law enforcement agencies, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Make It Home Safe's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Make It Home Safe about our Application users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Make It Home Safe, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
3.2 – Transfers
In the event that our assets are sold or transferred to another party, or another transaction occurs in which your personally identifiable information is one of the assets transferred, all information that has been collected and saved may be one of the assets we transfer. We will post a notice on the Service in the event of such a transfer.
3.3 – Legal Process and Compliance with Laws and Policies
We may disclose your personal information and any other information collected by the Service to law enforcement agencies and other third parties without notice to you in order to comply with applicable law, to investigate suspected fraud, harassment, or other violations of applicable law or of our Service policies, to protect our or third parties’ rights, or to protect the rights of other visitors or customers.
- – Your Rights
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section by sending an email to [firstname.lastname@example.org] Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
4.1 – Managing Your Information
You may access and update some of your information through your Make It Home Safe account settings.
4.2 – Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your account).
4.3 – Data Access and Portability
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
4.4 – Data Retention and Erasure
If you no longer want us to use your information to provide the Service to you, you can request that we erase your personal information and close any accounts created through the Service by following the instructions in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, such as for tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
4.5 – Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing
Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by Make It Home Safe, you may withdraw your consent at any time by sending a communication to us specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
4.6 – Lodging Complaints
You may have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by Make It Home Safe to the appropriate data protection authorities.
- – California Privacy Rights
Please refer to Sections 1, 2, and 3 of this policy for information regarding how we collect, use, and share your personal information.
- You may request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email@example.com]. You will be required to verify your identity before we can verify your request. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for us to process your request.
- You may designate an authorized agent to make any request on your behalf. To do so, you might provide us with written authorization or a power of attorney, signed by you. In each case, you will still need to verify your identity directly with us.
- You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights. Please note, however, that we need certain types of information to provide the Services to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access the Services.
- – Other Terms and Conditions
6.1 – Security
We are continuously implementing and updating our administrative, technical and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. We incorporate reasonable safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy, and privacy of the personal information that we may collect, including firewalls and data encryption, and information access controls. If you have reason to believe that your account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised, or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your account, please contact us following the instructions in the “Contact Us” section below.
6.2 – Links to Other Websites
- – Our Policies Concerning Children
Our Service is not intended for children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will promptly take reasonable measures to erase such information from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us as set forth below.
- – Contact Us
Make It Home Safe, LLC
- – Terms